1. Written Test- 150 marks-3 hours duration
- The written test will consists of Three sections 1. Technical 2. General Awareness 3. Aptitude
- Time Duration: 3 Hours
- No Negative marking
- Objective type
- Written Qualifying marks: 60%(Gen and OBC) and 40%(SC/ST/PWD)
- Technical Section(80 questions): The technical syllabus is similar to UPSC standard IES(Indian engineering service exam) syllabus.Click here to see the syllabus
- Mostly they will ask from Analog circuits,Electronic device and circuits, Communications, EMTL, Network theory,Antennas,Microprocessor, Digital electronics, Instrumentation,control systems, signals and systems-Baics like laplace transforms,z-transforms,fourier transforms. They will ask basic theory question and less problematic questions.
- General awareness(40 questions): Current affairs,General knowledge,Geography,Indian polity,Indian history,Physical science-Read Hindu news papers and GK books,NCERT books from 8th to 12th class.
- Aptitude(30 Questions): Comprehensive passage, Verbal and nonverbal,Quantitative aptitude, Reasoning- read R.S.Agarwal book for Both quantitative and reasoning.