Controls Engineer job for electronics
- Participate and involve in preliminary project scope discussions with project teams.
- Collect requirements from plant for particular Architecture to be deployed.
- Design system as per GM standards following full compliance to safety norms.
- Prepare the wiring diagram designs using global standards on Eplan P8.
- Develop control codes in RS Logix 5000 and relevant HMI codes using Win CC software.
- Use relevant etools and checklists to validate designs and softwares.
- Communicate to Project Lead on issues faced and work out on solutions.
- Involve in field integration to validate design, piping and wiring checks and debug of controls system.
- Provide support in field tryouts of tooling without and with metal till PPV stage and meet required JPH.
- Interact with other teams on the project for proper interface. (PFS, paint GA and Conveyor control teams.
- Prepare lessons learnt for the projects completed.
- Off-line support to the GM & JV plants in GMIO region after system deployment.
- In depth knowledge of control systems and/or control systems in automotive assembly plants.
- Thorough knowledge of Rockwell PLC software, Siemens HMI software as well as interfaces to other controls systems.
- Thorough knowledge of PLC hardware and software design and engineering.
- Knowledge of design for health and safety will be helpful.
- Knowledge on equipment selection, cost estimation, material procurement is an advantage.
- Should be able to read Electrical/mechanical drawings, layout and have some design capabilities.
- Acquaintance with Eplan for hardware design and experience on Siemens HMI will be an added advantage.
- Ability to understand legacy equipment & propose solutions in case of upgradation.
- Knowledge of interface to upper level systems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should be ready to travel extensively within and outside the country for projects.
- Learning & functional expertise.
- Project management and site execution skills
Experience / Education: Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation Engineering.
3-3 years experience in any Automotive OEM or Software system houses with Factory Automation background.
Dealing with Ambiguity,
Timely Decision Making,
Developing Direct Reports and Others,
Drive for results,
Building effective teams.
Primary Location: IN-KA-Bangalore